IGOR XOP Toolkit
The XOP Toolkit is an add-on package that allows C and C++ programmers to extend IGOR Pro. The toolkit has been used by WaveMetrics and by hundreds of IGOR users to add data acquisition, manipulation and analysis features to IGOR Pro.
"XOP" stands for "external operation." Originally XOPs were intended only to allow adding command-line operations to IGOR. Now XOPs can add operations, functions, menus, dialogs and windows. XOPs are also sometimes called "IGOR extensions."
The XOP Toolkit consists of a library of "XOPSupport" routines that allow an XOP to communicate with IGOR, a comprehensive manual, as well as source code and project files for many sample XOPs.
XOP Toolkit 6 can create XOPs for IGOR Pro 6.
The XOP Toolkit supports development for Mac OS X, Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
The XOP Toolkit is available as an electronic download. It includes a PDF manual. A hard-copy manual is available as an option.
XOP Toolkit 6 Upgrade
The XOP Toolkit 6 upgrade is a free download for all registered users of any previous version of the XOP Toolkit. The optional hard-copy manual is available for purchase.
XOP Toolkit 6 adds:
- Visual C++ 2010 support
- Visual C++ 2012 support
- Updates for Xcode 4 compatibility
- Better support for multi-threading when used with Igor Pro 6.20 or later
- Support for development of 64-bit XOPs for use with IGOR64
If you are a licensed XOP Toolkit user, contact WaveMetrics sales for download instructions.
XOP Toolkit 6 Development Systems
XOP Toolkit 6 supports the following development systems:
Mac OS XWindows
Xcode 4.3.2 through 4.6
Visual C++ 2008 (VC9 - express, standard or professional editions)
Visual C++ 2010 (VC10 - express or professional editions)
Visual C++ 2012 (VC2012 - express or professional editions)
Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition (free) is fine for most XOP programming.
XOP Toolkit 6 Sample XOPs
The sample XOPs include:
- XOP1 - Simply adds one to each point in a specified IGOR data set.
- SimpleLoadWave - Loads data from a text file into IGOR.
- GBLoadWave - Loads data from a binary file into IGOR.
- SimpleFit - Adds a curve-fitting function to IGOR.
- WaveAccess - Shows how to deal with multi-dimensional IGOR data.
- NIGPIB2 - Adds National Instruments GPIB support to IGOR.
- VDT2 - Adds serial port support to IGOR.
To create an XOP, you start with sample XOP source code supplied with the Toolkit. After modifying the sample, you compile it to produce the executable XOP file. To activate an XOP, you put an alias (Macintosh) or shortcut (Windows) for the XOP file in the Igor Extensions folder in your Igor Pro folder.