Why Igor Pro 6.22A is slower than Igor Pro 6.1 ?

Hello all,

Does someone also have the same feeling that the new version 6.2 is slower than previous version after an update when it calculate the same data? For example I made a procedure to integrate a small range for each wave, say from the point 55 to the point 80 of wave0, wave1, wave2... to form new wave.
The same procedure in different version costs big difference in version 6.2 and previous version such as 6.1.
for example 5 second in version 6.1 but 30 second in version 6.22.

Could somebody tell me the reason? How to improve it in new version? or just keep using the old version?

Any suggestion is welcome. thank you.

Long
First of all, we're currently shipping Igor 6.31. You should try using that version instead of 6.22A, which is more than a year old.

Second, if you still feel that Igor is slow, you should provide more information about your situation. You can provide that here or contact us directly at support@wavemetrics.com. Please send your operating system, the version of Igor you are using, your Igor serial number, and a full description of the problem including any relevant Igor experiments and/or procedure files.

Without actually seeing your code the only thing we could do is speculate.

I don't recall other users reporting that Igor 6.22A is slower than 6.1. Are you making the comparison on the same machine without any other changes?