Scientists and engineers encounter many data formats. Igor Pro provides a variety of import, storage and export capabilities that can handle almost any requirement.
You can import data into Igor Pro through many channels including:
- Typing or pasting data in a table
- Loading data from other Igor files
- Loading data from text and binary files of various formats
- Communicating with external programs
- Acquiring data from A/D cards and external instruments
- Transferring data via FTP
- Accessing data from SQL databases
If you need to import data of a particular type from a particular source over and over again, you can use Igor's programmability to customize and automate any of these import methods.
Once your data is loaded into Igor Pro, you can organize it in a hierarchy using the Data Browser.
Processed data can be stored in Igor files, exported as text or binary files, transferred to external programs via program-to-program communication methods, or transferred to another computer via FTP. Exporting, like importing, can be fully customized and automated.
You can drag files onto Igor and, if the type of the file is in question, you will be able to choose from a list of possible actions.
Igor Pro 8
Igor XOP Toolkit
Igor NIDAQ Tools MX