Igor Pro 9 Released
Fri, 08/27/2021 - 11:02 am
WaveMetrics is pleased to announce the release of Igor Pro 9, the latest version of our scientific and engineering graphing and data analysis program for Windows and Macintosh. Igor Pro 9 contains hundreds of improvements including 34 new operations and 24 new functions.
See our highlights page for screenshots of many of these new features.
Some highlights of Igor Pro 9 include:
- Autosave has been added with user options to control for the frequency and granularity of saving.
- New built-in HDF5 support: Igor experiments can now be saved as HDF5 files, and you can open and browse multiple HDF5 files and convert the data into Igor native formats. Igor Pro 9 can still read files created by all earlier versions of Igor and defaults to saving packed experiments using the .pxp file format used by previous versions.
- Complex curve fitting has been implemented.
- Major update of the MultiPeak Fit package. The functions that were previously provided by the PeakFunctions2 XOP are now built-in.
- For those times when a user-defined panel is just a bit too small to read easily or a bit too big to fit your laptop's screen, you can make that panel bigger or smaller using Igor 9's new Panel→Expansion submenu.
- Box Plots and Violin Plots now support per-dataset properties and allow you to control the color, marker and marker size of each individual data point.
- Igor's PDF export now supports transparency and improved font embedding.
- Improved editing of Polygons and Beziers.
- The new Presentation Table Procedures package allows you to programmatically create a "presentation table" in a graph, layout or control panel window.
- Command completion now includes user-defined functions.
- Faster procedure compile time.
- Improved text processing performance.
- Added automatic multithreading in CWT, ImageRegistration, Interp3DPath, norm and ImageFilter.
- Igor supports sparse matrices through the new MatrixSparse operation. It uses the Intel Math Kernel Library Sparse BLAS routines and employs the libraries terminology and conventions. A sparse matrix in Igor is represented by a set of three 1D waves which define the non-zero elements of the matrix. Igor supports three sparse matrix representation formats: COO, CSC, and CSR. Sparse matrix operations in include matrix addition, multiplication, and TRSV which solves a system of linear equations.
- Agglomerative hierarchical cluster analysis has been added with the new HCluster operation.
- The ability to drag waves from the Data Browser onto a graph to make new traces has been enhanced. New active areas allow you to append traces to specific axes and to make new free axes, as well as select a wave as an X wave. Also, it is now possible to drag waves onto graphs and tables from the Waves in Window list of the Window Browser.
- 29 new MatrixOP functions: spliceCols, zapNaNs, zapINFs, addRows, addCols, waveX, waveY, waveZ, waveT, DecimateMinMax, Select, SQ, VarBeams, SumND, KronProd, bitReverseCol, setColsRange, layerStack, maxMagAB, minAB, minMagAB, gammaln, gamma, expIntegralE1, greaterOrEqual, log2, normP, oneNorm, and expm.
- Added functions vectorization and optimized memory allocation in MatrixOP.
For more information see the comprehensive list of new features.
Igor Pro 9 is a paid upgrade from previous Igor Pro versions. You can purchase an upgrade from the WaveMetrics online store. A demo version is available and can be installed without the need to uninstall previous versions of Igor Pro.
If you purchased an Igor Pro 8 license or upgrade on or after September 1, 2020, you are eligible for a free upgrade. If you have not already received your Igor Pro 9 activation information, please contact email@example.com. Make sure to provide information we can use to identify your order, such as your Igor Pro serial number or WaveMetrics order number.
IGOR PRO 9 SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Macintosh: macOS 10.13 and 10.14 fully supported. Igor Pro 9 runs on macOS 10.15 (Catalina) and 11.0 (Big Sur) but see this discussion of caveats and known issues.
Windows: Windows 7 or greater, 64-bit and 32-bit Igor Pro applications are installed