Igor Pro 8.04 Beta 1 Released
Created on September 17 at 09:33 am - by: aclight
A new beta release of Igor Pro 8 is now available for all platforms. A list of notable changes for this release is included below. If you've reported an issue to us and we've told you it's been fixed, the fix will be included in this release, even if it's not mentioned below.
If you have enabled checking for beta releases (select the Misc→Miscellaneous Settings menu item to open the Miscellaneous Settings dialog, select the Updates category, then select the "Also Check for Beta Releases" checkbox) you can select the Help→Updates for Igor Pro menu item within Igor Pro 8 to get the latest beta release. Otherwise you can go to the Downloads page to download the installer manually.
Macintosh users: When you drag the Igor Pro 8 Folder from the new installer into your Applications folder, the OS may ask you whether you want to merge the folders or replace the existing folder. You should select "Replace".
See also: Igor Pro on macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
Notable Changes in Igor Pro 8.04 Beta 1
- Macintosh: Igor now enables hardened runtime, an OS security feature that applies to macOS 10.14 (Mojave) and later. We do not expect this change to affect users, however it is possible that users could experience sudden crashes due to the way that hardened runtime works.
- The Legend operation's default text for a custom-named trace of a subrange no longer appends the subrange. That is, the legend text for
is no longer "\s(twoDWave[*]) Something[*]", it is "\s(twoDWave[*]) Something".
- Changed Misc→Miscelaneous Settings, Text Editing category, External Editor tab, when the Reload Automatically radio button is selected:
Old: Only When Igor Application is Activated
New: Only When Igor Application is Active
This reflects a change in behavior. Previously, if the file was altered while Igor was active, the Reload button was displayed in the notebook window and the xxx notification window was displayed. Now the text in the notebook window is automatically reloaded.
- Now when you move a graph cursor by editing the point number, the window hook function is called.
- ColorScale axes no longer have extra thickness.
- Fixed crashes in MatrixTranspose and SplitWave when used with a data folder or wave reference wave.
- Fixed PDF export font selection on Macintosh so that (for example) Futura Condensed Light isn't erroneously exported as Futura Condensed Medium.
- Fixed crash that could happen after killing a procedure window that contained functions another procedure window called.
- Fixed a problem that sometimes caused display of very large images in the Data Browser's plot pane to be slow.
- Made fixes to the scaling of annotations in Gizmo plots. We're sure there are still some problems, but we are also confident that the situation is improved!
- A one-point violin plot with user-set bandwidth is now displayed correctly, and doesn't crash.
- On Windows only, if a SetVariable action procedure changed the value of the associated variable, the change was only visible every other time you changed it. That was because the widget that edited the control was left in place, obscuring the real value drawn in the SetVariable control.
- ErrorBars specification "nochange" didn't work correctly with Y mode error bars, only XY mode. Now it works in all modes.
- Fixed problem with a trace in complex mode 0 (real and imaginary) when you edit the point number in the Graph Info Window. This is confusing because a complex wave effectively has 2*N points; now the actual point number is displayed with "i" or "r" to signify the imaginary or real part. See ModifyGraph cmplxMode.
- Fixed a crash if you selected an absurdly large number of objects in a page layout.
- A PNG picture in a notebook now has the correct size when drawn with GDI or GDI+ graphics technology.
- Prevent a crash if you apply ImageGenerateROIMask to a too-large matrix.
- Fixed crash drawing an SVG picture using GDI+ graphics technology.
- Now a Box plot or Violin plot includes the extreme data points in the computations of jitter so that all points are visible when the extreme points are repeated.
- The "HDF5 Browser.ipf" file in Igor Pro 8.04 includes code for compatibility with experiments saved by future versions of Igor (Igor Pro 9 and later).
In "Axis Utilities.ipf", AxisLabelText() finds the correct axis when the given axis name is a prefix of a longer axis name.
- Added the Interpolate2 Log Demo experiment which shows how to do interpolation on the log of exponential data. See Interpolating Exponential Data for details.
Igor Pro 8
Igor XOP Toolkit
Igor NIDAQ Tools MX