Macintosh XOPs on Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)
Fri, 10/18/2019 - 08:18 am
As we noted at https://www.wavemetrics.com/news/igor-pro-macos-1015-catalina, security-related changes in Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina) present problems for Macintosh XOP developers.
I have spent the past few weeks coming up to speed on Macintosh signing and notarization and have created an Igor help file that explains pretty-much everything I learned.
If you are a Macintosh XOP developer and want to receive the help file, please send an email to WaveMetrics support requesting the "Signing and Notarization of Macintosh XOPs" help file.
Here is a high-level overview of the signing and notarization workflow as I understand it:
1. Join the Apple Developer program. This costs $99 per year.
2. Obtain a "Developer ID Application" certificate from the Apple Developer web site.
3. Compile the release configuration of your XOP as usual.
4. Sign the XOP with your "Developer ID Application" certificate using the codesign tool in Terminal.
5. Notarize the XOP using the altool tool in Terminal.
The help file gives detailed steps.
Igor Pro 8
Igor XOP Toolkit
Igor NIDAQ Tools MX