Releases for SpAcAn: Spontaneous Activity Analysis
SpAcAn: Spontaneous Activity Analysis IGOR.5.05.x-1.06
|Version Date:||Fri, 10/07/2011 - 04:56 am|
|Version Patch Level:||6|
This version fixes the following bug: the calculation of the 20-80% rise time was failing when the event rise time was one point only (which happens for example when detecting recorded trigger signals such as TTLs).
Now a separate calculation of RT20 and RT80 is performed when a one point transition accounts for more than 99% of the event amplitude.
SpAcAn: Spontaneous Activity Analysis IGOR.5.05.x-1.05
|Version Date:||Tue, 09/21/2010 - 09:14 am|
|Version Patch Level:||5|
Changelog of version 1.05:
* This version focuses on saving/loading analysis independently of IGOR's experiments. It is now possible to save an analysis on the disk and to recall it later. In the files which are saved, IGOR puts everything it needs to recapitulate the same detection using the same traces and apply the same tags and tag labels (see below).
* Another major improvement is the possibility to use multiple tags for the same channel (numbered from 0 to 99 for each channel). Each tag serie (= a tag wave) is identified by its number and by an explicit label (string) typed in by the user. The active tag serie is set using a SetVariable control.
* Both tags series/labels and SpAcAn's core parameters (saved by default in SpAcAnParams.ibw) can be saved by the user to the file/location of its choice, independently of analysis saving/loading.
* New checkbox in DetectedEvents: "Track events". When this box is checked, SpAcAn updates the view in MainWindow so that the current event is always visible.
* New fields in DetectedEvents windows showing the time of occurrence of the current event, as well as its amplitude and rise time.
* Better code commenting and code cleanup.
SpAcAn: Spontaneous Activity Analysis IGOR.5.05.x-1.04
|Version Date:||Fri, 06/25/2010 - 04:04 am|
|Version Patch Level:||4|
This new version comes with a number of new features. Here is the detailed changelog:
1. A long awaited function is finally implemented: an automatic fit (double exponential) of the decay of all tagged events. As the other fit functions, this new function is intended to be used with postsynaptic currents. It is launched using the "Fit all events" button in the "Kin." tab of the window DetectedEvents. It is necessary to calculate the average event first, since the function will use the fit parameters of the average as a first guess for individual events.
2. New tab "Rasters" in MainWindow. Samples of traces can be displayed easily with this new tab. The range to show is defined by the x scaling of the channels in their respective subwindows (inside MainWindow). The user defines the number of rows to use to display the traces. The original recording is split into segments of equal length to achieve the number of rows requested. Channel1 and 2 can be displayed as traces or as ticks marking the time of detected events. Tags can be used optionally to only display tagged events as ticks.
3. New scale bar management system, available in certain windows (rasters and superimpose tagged events). Simply drag out a marquee in the window and select the function "DrawScale". A scale bar will appear with the x and y scaling of the marquee. A set of controls allow to 1) choose which axis to use when drawing the scale bar, 2) select existing scale bars and 3) modify their length.
4. New tab "TTLs" in MainWindow. This new tab is designed to exploit recordings in which one channel contains stimulation pulses. Pulses are treated as events (and must be detected beforehand) and are shown as blue boxes. The user can align traces corresponding to successive pulses by entering the range of pulse numbers to use, or can display the recording with the x scaling used in MainWindow. Pulses can be used to plot PSTHs of events in the other channel (using a range of pulse numbers). Example of application: optogenetic stimulations with one channel containing the light pulses data.
5. SpAcAn now keeps a memory of all variables and checkboxes of the MainWindow (it stores them in a multidimensional wave and loads them at the next initialization).
6. Change in loading waves from Igor folders: the user can now type in a wave name.
7. Fixes a bug that occurred in average calculation when using 2 channels with different sampling intervals.
8. Added a button "D&D" (Diff & Detect) to perform the differentiate operation and the detection in one click.
9. General improvements of the GUI; new logo.
10. Fits more accurate. Possibilty to extrapolate to peak or to fit only from the desired decay percentage.
11. Better display of fit parameters also for sigmoid fits.
12. Added a statement to restrict use of SpAcAn with compatible versions of igor pro
13. Code cleanup: major functions rewritten to work with both channels (saves space and will facilitate future modifications).
SpAcAn: Spontaneous Activity Analysis IGOR.5.03.x-1.03-2
|Version Date:||Sat, 03/20/2010 - 09:49 am|
|Version Patch Level:||3|
The aim of this version was to improve the handling of events superimposition. This option now has its own tab and set of controls in the DetectedEvents window, and a set of new features:
* the user can superimpose tagged events and their mean + SD (including the synchronous signal in the other channel), using a set of pre-defined colors or random colors.
* Normalization (to an arbitrory segment of the trace chosen by the user) is optional; a cursor can highlight the portion of the trace that serves as a reference for normalization.
* The option "Overlay" allows the user to superimpose different sets of tagged events and/or their mean + SD using different colors (once the overlay option is checked, SpAcAn keeps on superimposing traces in the same window).
SpAcAn is also available @ http://www.spacan.net.
SpAcAn: Spontaneous Activity Analysis IGOR.5.03.x-1.03-1
|Version Date:||Fri, 02/12/2010 - 10:32 am|
|Version Patch Level:||3|
Bug fix #1: the files open through the Load button were kept open, preventing to save the experiment. Fixed adding "Close RefNum".
Bug fix #2: bug in the new function which concatenates and load multiple waves. With a long list of waves, the string containing the list was too long. Changed the concatenation process to prevent this (the new concatenation is incremental).
SpAcAn: Spontaneous Activity Analysis IGOR.5.03.x-1.03-0
|Version Date:||Thu, 02/04/2010 - 04:17 am|
|Version Patch Level:||3|
* This version adds a significant improvement: users can now load waves from IGOR's data folders. Whether SpAcAn will load waves from the disk (as before) or from a datafolder is determined using checkboxes. Local waves are loaded through a dialog. Multiple waves can be concatenated and loaded as a single wave.
* Another handy improvement is the possibility of detecting positive deflexions (in addition to negative deflexions). No more need to flip the waves before detection for positive deflexions (e.g. EPSPs or spikes). The flip function is still there.
* Improved method for averaging events. Gives the same result of course but adds the possibility to display the standard deviation. The checkboxes deciding whether events will be aligned on their "foot", half-rise or peak time are now shared between the "average" and the "Superimpose events" buttons.
* LoadABF function removed until it is significantly improved. The alternative is to use DataAccess from Bruxton Corp. (loads ABF1 as .ibw into IGOR - unfortunately this software is not free) and load the waves in SpAcAn from IGOR's data folder.
* Bugs fixed in ProcButtonSupEvents1, ProcButtonSupEvents2, ButtonAverage1 and ButtonAverage2.params", as well as in the tag managing functions.
SpAcAn: Spontaneous Activity Analysis IGOR.5.03.x-1.02-2
|Version Date:||Thu, 01/14/2010 - 03:11 am|
|Version Patch Level:||2|
SpAcAn version 1.02-2
Adds a measure of the time of the "foot" of individual events (intersection of the baseline with the 20%-80% rise time line) (function DETECT).
Adds a button in the window DetectedEvents to superimpose tagged events. Events can be aligned on their "foot" time, half-rise time or peak time.
Fixes a bug in function LoadABF which was causing the function to abort.
Adds better graphs for Freq/Amp plots.
Fixes a bug related to saving the analysis parameters in the wave "params".
Some code cleanup.
Igor Pro 8
Igor XOP Toolkit
Igor NIDAQ Tools MX