Igor Pro 7.03 Beta 1 Released
Created on April 12 at 01:28 pm - by: admin
A new beta release of Igor Pro 7 is now available for all platforms. A list of notable changes for this release is included below. If you've reported an issue to us and we've told you it's been fixed, the fix will be included in this release, even if it's not mentioned below.
If you have enabled checking for beta releases (select the Misc→Miscellaneous Settings menu item to open the Miscellaneous Settings dialog, select the Updates category, then select the "Also Check for Beta Releases" checkbox) you can select the Help→Updates for Igor Pro menu item within Igor Pro 7 to get the latest beta release. Otherwise you can go to the Downloads page to download the installer manually.
Macintosh users: When you drag the Igor Pro 7 Folder from the new installer into your Applications folder, the OS may ask you whether you want to merge the folders or replace the existing folder. You should select "Replace".
Notable Changes in Igor Pro 7.03 Beta 1
- If you press the up arrow key in a procedure window or notebook and if you were already on the first line of the document, Igor moves the caret to very start of document. Similar for down arrow key when you are on the last line of the document.
- Improved speed of XOP CallFunction callback when calling a function that does not have a string parameter or string result.
- GetRTLocInfo returns IMNAME:imName; if the code was in an independent module other than ProcGlobal.
- Window hook functions attached to Gizmo windows now respond to all the appropriate events.
- Fixed bug in HyperG1F1 and associated HyperGPFQ for the special case a=0, b, z>0.
- Windows: When using some operations that use multiple threads internally, users with AMD processors got a console window with warnings such as "OMP: Warning #72: KMP_AFFINITY: affinity only supported for Intel® processors." and "OMP: Warning #71: KMP_AFFINITY: affinity not supported, using "none".". When the window was closed, Igor crashed. Igor now detects non-Intel CPU processors and sets the KMP_AFFINITY environment variable as appropriate to prevent this problem.
- XLLoadWave dialog now correctly escapes quotation marks in worksheet names when generating commands with the /S flag.
- Windows: Modeless dialogs such as the Help Browser were sometimes hard to find when the size of Igor's outer frame decreased in size. This can happen when the user resizes the outer frame manually or when the size of the display changes, such as when moving from an external monitor to a laptop display. If a modeless dialog isn't within Igor's outer frame when it is shown, Igor now repositions the dialog to make it easier to see.
- Undo and redo now work correctly after modifying certain graph axis parameters such as axis offset and thickness.
- Fixed incorrect display of complex 64-bit integer wave data in a table.
- Fixed bug in Table Find dialog that prevented searching for dates.
- Macintosh: Fixed Edit→Use Selection for Find which previously did nothing in Igor 7.
- Fixed display of complex 64-bit integer waves in tables. Previously Igor showed the real value for both the real and imaginary parts of a given element.
- Fixed possible but rare crash when loading a damaged file that was truncated.
- Fixed failure to treat "#N/A" in an Excel .xlsx file numeric cell as NaN.
- Fixed ModifyGraph hideTrace(boundary)=1 error when running any contour plot recreation macro not at experiment load time.
- Fixed display of certain functions, macros, and structures in the procedure window navigation bar.
- Added support for the tooSmall keyword to the Delete Annotations dialog.
- Windows: fixed crash when printing a formatted notebook containing a picture in DIB format (that is, a .bmp picture).
- Macintosh: fixed problem in which an open-file dialog displayed from the AfterFileOpenHook would be nonfunctional if Igor was started by dropping the file on Igor's icon in the dock.
- Macintosh: Restored ability to start Igor by dropping multiple files onto Igor's icon in the dock.
- Restored Igor 6 ability to call PauseForUser while PauseForUser was already active.
- Fixed crash calling GetWindow kwCmdHist wsizeOuter.
- Fixed hang in certain text areas in Igor, notably the Data Browser, if you double-click to select by words and you dragged over a line wrap.
- ProcedureText now properly handles the case where the requested code resides in both the ProcGlobal independent module and a different independent module, which can happen when the same procedure file is included into both ProcGlobal and other Independent Modules.
- FunctionProfiling.ipf works with Independent Modules now that GetRTLocInfo returns IMNAME:imName.
Igor Pro 8
Igor XOP Toolkit
Igor NIDAQ Tools MX