Igor Pro 7.05 Beta 1 Released
Created on July 26 at 02:26 pm - by: admin
A new beta release of Igor Pro 7 is now available for all platforms. A list of notable changes for this release is included below. If you've reported an issue to us and we've told you it's been fixed, the fix will be included in this release, even if it's not mentioned below.
If you have enabled checking for beta releases (select the Misc→Miscellaneous Settings menu item to open the Miscellaneous Settings dialog, select the Updates category, then select the "Also Check for Beta Releases" checkbox) you can select the Help→Updates for Igor Pro menu item within Igor Pro 7 to get the latest beta release. Otherwise you can go to the Downloads page to download the installer manually.
Macintosh users: When you drag the Igor Pro 7 Folder from the new installer into your Applications folder, the OS may ask you whether you want to merge the folders or replace the existing folder. You should select "Replace".
Notable Changes in Igor Pro 7.05 Beta 1
- Saving a notebook as RTF now uses Unicode for non-ASCII characters.
- Fixed potential crashing bug in FuncFit parallel code. That is, code intended to use multiple cores to improve FuncFit performance, as opposed to thread safety when used in an Igor preemptive thread.
- Fixed rare crash that could happen when the Procedure contextual menu was popped but not selected and then an attempt was made to run an uncompiled function from the command line.
- Execute/P "INSERTINCLUDE <file>" no longer inserts the #include statement inside any #if, #ifdef, or #ifndef statements.
- Fixed an obscure problem with ProcedureText introduced in Igor 7.04: ProcedureText did not find the main Procedure window when it was called in an independent module with SetIgorOption IndependentModuleDev=1.
- Notebook->Set Text Format no longer requires two Undo commands to reverse the changed settings.
- The debugger steps into and out of functions in differing independent modules without becoming confused or emitting BUG messages.
- Changed the Legend symbol for Sticks and Markers mode so that the marker is on top of the stick. Additionally, specifying a particular point in the legend, as in \s(data) uses the relevant stick +color or -color used for that specific point.
- Windows: Fixed failure to copy to the clipboard using PNG format.
- Windows: Improved performance when copying large amounts of text data to the clipboard.
- Macintosh: Fixed memory exhaustion that was likely only symptomatic in extremely long-running user functions.
- Macintosh: Fixed problem with activating a license for all users; now Igor prompts you to enter the administrator password when necessary.
- Macintosh: Worked around a problem where user-defined *COLORPOP* and similar menus did not work properly when in the main menu bar; they would appear blank the second time they were displayed.
- Improved line break algorithm for formatted notebooks to fix bad breaks in mixed Japanese/English text.
- Fixed exception reported if you invoked a notebook dialog, such as Notebook->Text Encoding, while the command window was active.
- Fixed a crash when calling an external function with a string parameter or result via a FUNCREF.
- Fixed crash if you got an error while opening an RTF file.
- Previously copying and pasting binary table data between a 32-bit instance of Igor and a 64-bit instance of Igor could crash. Now such copying is disallowed.
- Fixed possible crash in procedure and notebook windows containing invalid UTF-8 text.
- Fixed a bug in the XOP ConvertTextEncoding callback that returned an error for any error mode other than kTECNoMapErrorModeFail.
- Fixed an error if you used a relative path with SaveGraphCopy and SaveTableCopy.
- Macintosh: Fixed possible crash and incorrect setting of S_value output variable in ExecuteScriptText.
- The Polar Graphs package now supports transparent colors.
- The HDF5LoadGroup operation now supports recursion mode 2 via /R=2. Recursion mode 2 allows loading a given group multiple times. See "HDF5LoadGroup and Non-Hierarchical File Arrangements" under HDF5LoadGroup for details.
- The HDF5 Browser Load Group button now uses recursion mode 2. This means that it loads a given group multiple times if it appears in a file multiple times. See "HDF5LoadGroup and Non-Hierarchical File Arrangements" under HDF5LoadGroup for details.
- Windows: Fixed text encoding issues when loading HDF5 data from files whose names contained non-ASCII characters. For details, see HDF5 File Paths on Windows.
- Fixed a possible crash when dumping a large amount of data using HDF5Dump or the HDF5 Browser Show Dump feature.
Igor Pro 8
Igor XOP Toolkit
Igor NIDAQ Tools MX