Wed, 08/07/2019 - 11:08 am
This package is presented as a way for users to load, display, and print out summary views from sets of TIFF images without needing to write code.
Once installed, the package is accessible from the Packages->Panels->Image Tools menu.
The displayed content is divided as three frames.
- An image display window shows the currently active image
- A histogram display pane shows histograms below the image being displayed.
- Operation of the package is done using inputs on a control panel.
Image Control Bar
- Split view to show threshold or background side-by-side to image
- Magnify / Reduce size of image frame (useful for smaller display monitors)
- Change the image range (contrast adjustments), invert, or show as black & white
- Play a movie of the images
- Step through images that are loaded as sets using buttons to advance or go backward in the loaded sets.
- See the image size (pixels) and bit depth.
- View/Add notes to an image file (wave).
- Choose one or more images to assemble to make a contact print layout (without the histogram!).
- See the histogram on linear and log scales as well as the cumulative and derivative histograms.
- Hide the histogram frame when desired.
- Scale the derivative histogram to search for positions of zero crossings (peaks in histogram).
- Select a region of interest (RoI) to show the histograms. See where the RoI is in image coordinates.
- Lock the RoI to continue using the selection tool on the image.
- Load a single image, multiple images, a folder of images, or a selection of images from a stack.
- Load a stack or multiple files as a stack.
- Choose to keep the source (or not), to extract any one or all of the RGB channels, and/or to create a grayscale image.
- Set a calibration factor for pixel or image width to apply locally or globally.
- Apply the operation to remove a background
- Apply a thresholding method to one image or multiple in a stack.
- This version has only been tested with single-layer images. The ability to handle RGB images properly has yet to be developed. Convert RGB to grayscale or read only the individual channels accordingly.
- This program can load image stacks (TIFF movies). That does not however mean that it will handle them all with equal efficiency. Load larger files as stacks using the selections to load only a certain range in the movie and/or to load only a certain sequence (e.g. every 10th image).
Background removal on all images in a stack (perhaps also as a global on all images in experiment). Plug-in architecture for other developers.
Current Project Release
|Release File:||Image Tools v2.11.zip|
|Version Date:||Fri, 04/06/2018 - 03:11 pm|
|Version Patch Level:||1|
|OS Compatibility:||Windows Mac-Intel|
Added Features / UI Changes
Igor Pro 8
Igor XOP Toolkit
Igor NIDAQ Tools MX