XPST - X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy Tools
Fri, 06/12/2015 - 05:36 am
Current version: 1.3 (March 2018) for Igor 7/8
XPST is a program package for the analysis of X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) data. It includes various graphical interfaces as well as commandline functions to facilitate the workup of XPS data.
When a XPST fit project is started, a corresponding subfolder with all required data is generated and saved within the Igor experiment. You can generate fit templates and you can export entire fit projects to share them with your co-workers. As a special feature, a flexible multiplet function was implemented to facilitate a convenient analysis of complex spectra. XPST can handle any number of peaks.
There is also a youtube channel with tutorials.
Several changes in the newest version of XPST were made according to this book about programming Igor.
XPST was initially developed with Igor 5, but a major revision was made with Igor 7. XPST works also nicely with Igor 8. The Igor 7/8 version is not compatible with Igor 6. If you still run Igor 6, you have to download a previous release.
- Unpack the .zip file
- Copy/Move the folder 'XPST' to the folder 'Igor Procedures' in Igor's main folder
- Copy/Move the folder 'XPSTHelp' to the folder 'Igor Help Files' in Igor's main folder
- Restart Igor
Before you upgrade to a newer version of XPST, please remove all files associated with your old version from Igor's folders.
Stay in touch ...
If you want to stay informed about updates or other issues, just send a blank mail to: email@example.com
This is not a support contact - it only serves to keep you informed about changes.
You can sign off anytime you want using the same address.
More functions ...
Besides the graphical interfaces, XPST comes with several commandline functions. For example:
- WhereIs() .... returns the absolute path of a selected wave (so it can be easily found)
- WaveOverlap() .... computes the overlap of two selected waves and saves it to a new wave
- CursorCut() .... cuts out regions from a selected wave
- Data with 'kinetic energy' as x-axis (in waveform format or not) can not be analyzed with the Fit Assistant. Only a positive 'binding energy' scale works - however, this should be the most common case. If there is a strong demand for kinetic energies, it could be implemented in future versions.
Current Project Release
XPST - X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy Tools IGOR.7.00.x-1.3-01
|Release File:||XPST_Igor 7_0.zip|
|Version Date:||Wed, 05/23/2018 - 10:57 am|
|Version Patch Level:||3|
|OS Compatibility:||Windows Mac-Intel|
Fixed a bug in the baseline subtraction tool. Made minor changes to the graphical user interface of the thickness calculation tool.
Igor Pro 8
Igor XOP Toolkit
Igor NIDAQ Tools MX