Mon, 02/26/2018 - 12:46 pm
Provides a way to keep files in sync with new releases on wavemetrics.com and a package installer for installing user projects hosted on wavemetrics.com.
The Updater.ipf procedure file must be saved in the Igor Procedures folder. Look for 'Show Igor Pro User Files' in the Help menu.
Look for 'IgorExchange Projects' menu item in the Misc menu. The names of all of the user contributions are retrieved from wavemetrics.com. Be patient, it may take a while to parse all of the projects from the archive. If you select one of these and click 'Install' the project will be downloaded and installed in a location of your choice.
The projects list can be resorted by clicking on the column titles.
If you use the IgorExchange installer to install a project, when a new version is released you will see an alert with the option to open the IgorExchange Projects control panel and view available updates.
Look in the Updates tab of the IgorExchange Projects panel to see the update status of installed projects. Other compatible projects may be listed if you select the option to search in the User Procedures folder.
Updater can update procedure files that are currently open in Igor. This is necessary when the updater project updates itself. For seamless updating, it's best to set the setting for Text Editing like this: Look in the Misc menu for Miscellaneus Settings, then select Text Editing -> External Editor and check Reload Automatically -> As Soon as Modification is Detected. If Igor presents you with an option to review modified files, you should select the option to resolve any conflict by reloading from file.
Click the cog icon in the IgorExchange Projects panel to change settings. If you don't want to have Igor check for updates in the background, change the settings frequency to 'never'. The default value is 'weekly'. You may also need to adjust the timeout settings for downloads.
If you're developing a package and want to make sure that it's compatible with IgorExchange installer:
Compress (zip) your project file(s) before uploading a project release.
Make sure that the version number fields are filled in correctly. If your file version is 1.03, set the patch version to 03, NOT 3! The installer will refuse to install projects that do not have these fields filled in properly.
Be aware that a list of the installed files is recorded in the install log on the user's computer at the time of installation. If files are moved or replaced by the user this will interfere with the updating function of the installer.
Design your project so that files do not have to be moved into other locations after installation. You can provide an itx script as part of your package if you need Igor to create shortcuts for XOPs, help files, etc.
If you want your package to be listed in the updates tab even if it has not been installed using the IgorExchange Installer, add two lines to the procedure file (for packages with multiple files, add this to the main procedure file at the root level of the package folder):
static constant kProjectID=12345 // the project node on IgorExchange
static strconstant ksShortTitle="MyProject" // the project short title on IgorExchange
Set the project ID to the 'node' for your project, as seen in the project url:
Set ksShortTitle to the short title that you filled in on the project page.
- An install log and cache file are saved in the User Procedures folder. When projects are installed using the IgorExchange installer, details of the installation are recorded in the install log. If any of the installed files are moved or deleted the project will be listed in the updates tab as 'incomplete' or 'missing'. Right-click for an option to locate a missing project, or reinstall the project from the projects tab.
There are three options for checking for updates:
- Check files in Installed Projects: Limited to projects that have been installed or updated using the IgorExchange Projects panel. The remote version is checked against the version info stored in the install log.
- Check Files in User Procedures Folder: Remote version number is compared with version info in procedure files that have the required updater header. This works for procedure files that have not been installed with the IgorExchange Projects panel, but does not work for projects that do not contain a procedure file with the required header.
- Check Files in Current Experiment: Same as 2, but check only open procedures.
- This package relies on being able to access and interpret the 'All Releases' page at wavemetrics.com for the project to be updated.
- The user is presented with a DoAlert dialog before overwriting any file.
- If you have installed an older version of one of my projects that runs as an independent module (CalcPad or UserProcedureLoader), you may encounter a compilation error after installing Updater version 3 or later. If this happens, installing the most recent version of these projects should fix the problem.
Procedure Loader provides an easy way to load and unload procedure files from the User Procedures or Wavemetrics Procedures folders.
Use this software at your own risk. Installing and updating projects requires that this software downloads from the web, and overwrites files on your computer. No warranty is offered against error or vulnerability to exploitation of this software or of third-party (web) services.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
Current Project Release
|Version Date:||Sun, 07/04/2021 - 02:21 am|
|Version Patch Level:||4|
|OS Compatibility:||Windows Mac-Intel|
All web text is now treated as UTF-8.
Includes improved tools for developers to help preparing project releases.
Igor Pro 9
Igor XOP Toolkit
Igor NIDAQ Tools MX