Sat, 09/25/2010 - 07:43 pm
I am working through the SQLXOP tutorial. I am using Mac 10.6.4 and I have downloaded MySQL driver 5.1 and ODBC Administrator from Apple.
In the tutorial help file it steps through making a connection via ODBC Administrator.
4. Click the Add button.
5. Choose the MySQL ODBC Driver and click OK. A new dialog, Connector/ODBC, is displayed.
6. In the Connector/ODBC dialog, in the Login tab, enter the following values exactly as shown here:
Data Source Name: IgorDemo1
Description: WaveMetrics Demo Database
7. Click the Test button. You should get an alert saying that the connection was made. Click OK to dismiss the alert. If the test fails, carefully check all of the settings. Also make sure that port 3306 is open on your computer.
8. Click OK in the Connector/ODBC dialog to complete the DSN.
9. Click the Apply button to save the settings and quit ODBC Administrator.
In step 6 I only see the first two fields listed. Do I add the others as keyword pairs? Screen shots attached.
Also I have not found a test button.