An executive summary of Igor Pro 8 features that are new relative to Igor 7.
For full details of the new features in Igor Pro 8 click here.
Some Reasons to Upgrade to Igor Pro 8
Igor Pro 8 contains hundreds of improvements, including 20 new operations, 5 new functions, a new NetCDF XOP, and the Igor Filter Design Laboratory (a separate product in Igor 7 and earlier).
Some highlights of Igor Pro 8 improvements include:
- Long object names, increased from 31 bytes to 256 bytes.
- Greatly improved the speed of creating and looking up waves by name when there are many similarly-named waves in a data folder.
- Drawing speed of graph traces on High-DPI displays under some specific circumstances is dramatically improved.
- Improved speed of displaying notebooks, help windows, and procedure windows.
- New Window Browser shows all your windows in one place.
Filter by type, name, and/or wave to find that one special graph among a sea of great data.
- The new toolbar provides easier access to frequently used features.
- The redesigned Procedure Browser allows you to quickly find and filter symbols (functions, macros, etc.).
- New Box Plot and Violin Plot graph types make it easy to show the distribution of values within a data set.
- Procedure windows and the command line now suggest options to complete the current command.
- New Back and Forward buttons in procedure and notebook windows allow you to quickly navigate in these window types.
- New Short-Time Fourier Transform (STFT) operation.
- Added seven new dialogs for transformation operations.
- New built-in Voigt and dblexp_peak curve fitting functions.
- ODR fitting is now thread safe and has built-in parallelization.
- Igor Filter Design Laboratory (IFDL), which was previously a separate paid product, is now built into Igor Pro 8. IFDL is a sophisticated and flexible environment for interactive design, evaluation, and application of Finite Impulse Response (FIR) and Infinite Impulse Response (IIR) digital filters.
More Reasons to Upgrade to Igor Pro 8
If you are using an Igor version earlier than Igor 7, you should take a look at even more Reasons to Upgrade Igor Pro to see what else you've been missing!
Purchase or Upgrade to Igor Pro 8
Try the Igor Pro 8 Demo
Download the fully-functional Igor Pro 8 Demo and try it for 30 days after the installation. After 30 days, the demo will lapse into limited functionality mode.
Igor Pro 8
Igor XOP Toolkit
Igor NIDAQ Tools MX