WaveMetrics is pleased to announce the release of Igor Pro 8
Created on June 3 at 01:11 pm - by: aclight
WaveMetrics is pleased to announce the release of Igor Pro 8, the latest version of our scientific and engineering graphing and data analysis program for Macintosh and Windows.
Igor Pro 8 contains hundreds of improvements, including 20 new operations, 5 new functions, a new NetCDF XOP, and the Igor Filter Design Laboratory (a separate product in Igor 7 and earlier).
Some highlights of Igor Pro 8 improvements include:
- Long object names, increased from 31 bytes to 256 bytes.
- Greatly improved the speed of creating and looking up waves by name when there are many similarly-named waves in a data folder.
- Drawing speed of graph traces on High-DPI displays under some specific circumstances is dramatically improved.
- Improved speed of displaying notebooks, help windows, and procedure windows.
- New Window Browser shows all your windows in one place.
Filter by type, name, and/or wave to find that one special graph among a sea of great data.
- The new toolbar provides easier access to frequently used features.
- The redesigned Procedure Browser allows you to quickly find and filter symbols (functions, macros, etc.).
- New Box Plot and Violin Plot graph types make it easy to show the distribution of values within a data set.
- Procedure windows and the command line now suggest options to complete the current command.
- New Back and Forward buttons in procedure and notebook windows allow you to quickly navigate in these window types.
- New Short-Time Fourier Transform (STFT) operation.
- Added seven new dialogs for transformation operations.
- New built-in Voigt and dblexp_peak curve fitting functions.
- ODR fitting is now thread safe and has built-in parallelization.
- Igor Filter Design Laboratory (IFDL), which was previously a separate paid product, is now built into Igor Pro 8. IFDL is a sophisticated and flexible environment for interactive design, evaluation, and application of Finite Impulse Response (FIR) and Infinite Impulse Response (IIR) digital filters.
For more information see our comprehensive list of new features.
A demo version is available and can be installed without the need to uninstall Igor Pro 7 or 6.
Download Igor 8
Igor Pro 8
Igor XOP Toolkit
Igor NIDAQ Tools MX